- 35 years of real estate, corporate, and banking transaction experience
- Counsels foreign and domestic clients in real estate matters
- Certified mediator, fully bilingual in English and Spanish, specializing in real estate, construction law and business related disputes.
- Serves as an expert witness in complex real estate litigation
- Chairman of the Coral Gables Board of Adjustment
- Fluent in Spanish and English
Jorge E. Otero, born in Havana, Cuba; Education; B.S., with Honors (Electrical Engineering), Princeton University, 1972; M.E. (Industrial Engineering), University of Florida, 1973; Juris Doctor (cum laude), University of Miami, 1984 (President; Moot Court Board, 1983-1984). Mr. Otero is also "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Otero is a dispute resolution specialist certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a Circuit Court mediator.
He served from 2007-2011 as a member of the City of Coral Gables Construction Regulation Board and since May, 2011 has served as a member of the City of Coral Gables Board of Adjustment and in 2013 elected its Chairman.
As a lawyer, Mr. Otero has represented both financial institutions and borrowers in the documentation and closing of commercial and residential real estate secured loans, including those for acquisition, development and construction, and for the securing of guarantees and letters of credit. This representation has included extensive loan modifications, title examination, curing of title problems, and issuance of title insurance policies. Mr. Otero has also represented clients in litigation related to contract disputes, real estate transactions, RESPA and TIL matters, and disputes regarding mortgage loans.
Mr. Otero serves as an advisor in various types of business transactions including most facets of real estate matters; Condominium law, property acquisitions and sales; purchases and sales of businesses; commercial and residential real estate acquisitions; refinancing or restructuring of loans; development and construction financing; joint ventures and syndications.